Friday, July 25, 2008

Last night was fun. I got my first paycheck (for training only) and C's 2nd job burnt down, so obviously we needed comfort pie and drinks. Thus, at J's suggestion, we went to Cyrus O'Leary's. J and I went there once while C was out of town and we had a really attractive bartender, thus, every time we go back there, we start the evening out a little disappointed that he's not there. Truth be told, I don't even remember what he looks like, but I'm still mildly annoyed that he's not there. We sat at the bar all the same.

I don't think our bartender was overjoyed by our presence. I'm so used to the Frank's style welcome that it's almost jarring when a bartender/person behind the counter isn't elated to see us. We all ordered something different to drink, passing them around to those who wanted to try ours. I hadn't had anything for food for a while (I made rice krispies the other day and have been living on them ever since), so the vodka went straight to my blood and I got a little silly. I think C did as well. Instead of regaling you, dear reader, with the details of our evening, I'm just going to bullet out the quotes of the night:
  • Thank you, John Kerry. That was delicious. -J
  • Because that's what I think about when I read Exodus -- taxidermy. -J
  • You need two fingers on the inside and one on top. -N
  • I know I'm always smiling after I've been mounted on a wall. -J
    • What about Marlin? -C
  • Does anyone ever want to yank all of those at the same time and make a mess? -J
  • All I can think of is the PBR cans in the bathroom the morning after with Marlin. -N
  • [simultaneously] It's more the humping. -J
    • We like to hump things. -C
  • Things that make my ass clench for $1,000 -- mini coopers and 70 year old oil tycoons. -C
Every time we said something ridiculous, the bartender looked a little more like he'd like us to leave. At one point, I thanked C and J for being the type of friends that I can swear around, seeing as I work with old people and children, generally. When we got outside, there was a sign at the entrance that said no fightin' and no cussin'. Whoops.

It was fun, though. We walked around the park for a bit afterwards to commune with nature/sober me up a bit. And the random mix that C made was amazing. As was the cop that I drove awkwardly to be near because he was so attractive. I'm glad that I drug them along on my dinner adventure. Life's more fun with the two of them.

No comments: